Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The snow is here...finally.

Well. that was an interesting last 6 hours. It all started about 4:15. I was in my office that looks out over Elliot Bay and saw a really dark cloud to the Northwest. I said to a co-worker "I bet that is snow." By the time I cheked out the live dopler radar on king5.com, the co-worker said, "Yep...its snowing!" With that, I checked the metro bus schedule and the 54 was coming by at 4:30. I packed up quick and got on the bus, one of the last open seats. Thing were moving along pretty well, but I was noticing more and more snow on the side of the road, especially on the West Seattle bridge. Unfortunately we ran into some traffic on the final small hill before Alaska st on 35th, and got stuck. It was slick enough, that the bus couldnt get up the hill. I bailed on the bus and walked about 5 blocks to where Steph could pick me up. Fortunately, I made it home around 5:30. Not too bad. Talking with some co-workers, some had 2-3 hours commutes.

Since then, we watched it keep snowing and snowing and snowing...at least in our neighborhood. Strange thing is we talked with friends in the North part of WS and they hardly had any snow. All in all I think we have close to 3 inches of the white stuff. The adventure of the night was an evening walk down to the Morgan Junction Starbucks...White Chocolate Mochas for Mom and Dad, Hot Chocolate for Maddie and Kenzie. On the last block from home, we decided to end our evening right and build a snowman. It started up on Calif. ave and ended up in our front yard. I worked up a sweat rolling the giant base a block and half. Steph started on the middle section from the corner...meanwhile Maddie was pushing Kenzie in the stroller and "managing" the production. We finally made it to the front yard where the head was formed, and then we topped it off with our snowman kit.





















The question now is, will there be school tomorrow? This is all supposed to freeze and ice over for the next 3-4 days. Should be interesting. We'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it will get messy later-but right now it's like being in a winter wonderland!
Mom

Anonymous said...

What a GORGEOUS morning from the snow with the added sun!! Love the snowman you all worked so hard to make last night. Too cute!

By the way, took my Dad 5 HOURS to get home from Redmond last night! Can you believe it??

Enjoy the day and STAY WARM! :)

Admin said...

Ok, I will admit there aren't too many times that I'm jealous of the weather up there (except in July & August when its 15,000 degress down here), but I definitely envy you getting all that snow!! We're expecting rain here this weekend, which means plenty of motorists losing control of all brain functions because they can't understand why water is falling from the sky. Tons-o-fun!

Have a great time in the snow!!

Anonymous said...

Okay. How is it I cant find time to get to the gym, golf, do chores, take care of my kids, take care of my marriage and you are able to have a blog site. What am I doing wrong? Plus...I have a hard time opening up my email sometimes...blog...wouldnt even know where to start. Cool to see you keeping us in the loop. And by the way..is that a pipe in the snowmans mouth? Is that sending the right message Steph? Kidding. Cheers. REM