Friday, February 20, 2009

Jr. is Back!!

Well, I have to be honest...I knew he would be back! I knew the minute that he was released by Chicago and he no longer had the big contract and they had a chance to get him on the cheap...or cheaper. I have to say that I am pretty excited that he is back in Seattle. It was pretty cool to see how much he appreciated the fans when he was here last year, and that he made statements about wanting to retire here.

I remember when I was in HS and he first came the M's...then when his Dad came to play with him...and when they hit back to back homers...and finally when we came flying around 3rd to beat the Yankees in 95...or how about 8 straight games with a home run. I was a huge fan. I collected all his Baseball cards...even rookie cards ;-) I even have bought the Ken Griffy Jr candy bars. Actually, in anticipation of some time like the present, I wrapped up two and put them in my parents freezer. Over 15 years later, and a even with a new fridge, they are still there...We actually unwrapped them last year for some reason.



So, all I have to say is welcome back Jr. I am not sure what the year will bring, but I am still a fan...as our a lot of others here in Seattle. I dont think you will have any problem making that extra incentive money for attendance :-)

No comments: