Thursday, November 1, 2007

Prayer Request

One more thing...


Special prayer request for my Uncle David. We got a call late last night from my Mom after they had left from Halloween and she had learned that my uncle went to the ER complaining of chest pains. Might not sound too major, but my uncle had a multiple bypass surgery when Steph and I were freshman in High School. I remember that night pretty clear as I had a basketball practice and was waiting for my ride home...This was in the days before cell phones, so I could just dial up one of my 5 Faves :-)

Anyway, he went to the ER on Wednesday evening complaining of chest pain. They did some tests and found that one artery from his original bypass had collapsed and another had some blocking. They did an angioplasty to clear it out, but it sounds like there is still some blocking. At this point he is in ICU and is awaiting words from Doctors on how to proceed. The hope is the blood thinners will help make the blood flow easier through the 1 artery that has some blocking, however, there is a chance they may need to implant a stint to widen the artery.

Either way, this isnt a fun situation to be in. Please keep him, and the family in your prayers. We will keep you posted.

No comments: