Sunday, June 3, 2007

On the road

Today I headed out on the road for a quick 3 day trip to KC. I am traveling with a co-worker for some customer visits. I enjoy seeing and talking with our customers, but it is hard leaving steph and the kids, even for a couple days. On top of that with a bunch of Monday meetings, I had to leave on Sunday.

I am currently sitting in the plane in denver waiting to pull away from the gate. The Seattle to Denver leg may have been the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on. The only good thing was that I had an asile seat. Everything else was bad. I had about 1 cm....yes cm of legroom. I think I might have permanent "dents" in my knees from the seat in front of me. It was totally full....not a single empty seat, and I was in the 2nd to last row. Meanwhile my travel mate, who has been a road warrior and accumulated thousands of miles upgraded to first class.....wine, cheese, pillows. I'm not really bitter....really.

Oh well....gotta remember that they just don't give you those miles, you have to travel a ton to have them. That means more time away from steph and the kids. I'll take the knees in my face, and permanent dents for their three big smiles any day :-)

Well better go, all electronics need to be off, so I don't want my blog post messing up the communication system.

--------------------
Sent via blackberry

No comments: